What a pleasure it is to welcome Dr. Peter H. Diamandis to AES Nation. He is an international pioneer in the fields of innovation, incentive competitions and commercial space.
Peter’s mission is to open the space frontier for all of humanity, and his personal motto is, “The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself.”
Get ready for a fascinating conversation with one of the world’s brightest minds.
Book of the Day
- Abundance – by Peter Diamandis
App of the Day
- Peter loves the TED Talk app as he’s a big believer in constant education. iOS/Android
- He also mentions his affinity for the focus@will app. iOS/Android
- He uses the Waze app fairly regularly as well.
- Peter enjoys pairing his Samsung Gear watch with Samsung phone for keeping tabs on his exercise habits and health, among other things.
Insight of the Day
- Peter discussed Moonshot thinking. Most of us are trying to go 10% to 20% bigger, say, but that is a linear mindset. This puts you in a competition with everyone else who is trying to do the same thing. When you instead focus 10 times bigger, there’s no one competing with you and you’re in an incredible, open opportunity that inspires people.
- Peter is currently working on two books. One is called Bold: How Exponential Entrepreneurs will Impact the World. It’s due out in February 2015.
- The other book Peter is co-writing is called Exponential Organizations. It will be a book about the new breed of companies coming into existence that go from idea to billion dollar company in 18 months to 3 years. Why and how do they do that?
John’s 3 Key Takeaways
- Don’t look at the past and attempt to extrapolate it out into the future. The key is to think in a non-linear fashion
- Think Big, Think Bold and Think Passionate!
- Join an existing Mastermind group or form your own
Read the Transcript
You can download a complete transcript of this entire episode by clicking here.