For nearly 20 years Target Focus Training founder and creator, Tim Larkin, has been well known in the self-defense and close-combat training world but ‘under-the-radar’ to ordinary folks like you.
He’s the guy operations like the US Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces and the US Border Patrol call in behind-the-scenes to teach them when it’s “kill-or-be-killed.”
During the last 20 years he’s trained not only these elite military special forces and law enforcement units but corporate and civilian clientele in New York, Las Vegas, London and other cities around the world using a combination of live training sessions and DVDs.
A sought after public speaker, Tim has spoken to CEO’s, government officials, and business leaders in over 40 countries on how to use these same principles of surviving life-or-death violence in the less life-threatening environment of business.
He is co-author of the best-selling book, How To Survive The Most Critical 5 Seconds Of Your Life, and the highly acclaimed online newsletter, Secrets For Staying Alive When Rules Don’t Apply.
- Tim realized everyone else, his competition, was teaching self-defense from an angle that just doesn’t work. He also realized that it wasn’t just self-defense he was selling but, rather, educating people on how to avoid the unavoidable.
- Tim is excited, as much as anything, about launching his virtual training center.
App of the Day
Book of the Day
- How to Survive the Most Critical 5 Seconds of Your Life – by Tim Larkin
- Survive the Unthinkable: A Total Guide to Women’s Self-Protection – by Tim Larkin
Insight of the Day
- To get to the next level you have to ignore the “group think” mentality. Understand that you have a better product, a better price point, etc., and refuse to apologize for that.
John’s 3 Key Take-aways
- Be a hero to someone…be passionate about the group you want to reach
- Recognize the difference between wants and needs…we market wants but we also must deliver needs
- Leverage today’s technology to scale what you’re doing
Read the Transcript
You can download a complete transcript of this entire episode by clicking here.