Brian Kurtz loves direct marketing.
Starting in the list business gave him a solid foundation in learning about audiences, demographics and database marketing; then, working in all media helping Boardroom sell millions of newsletter subscriptions and consumer books put all of that list training to good use.
While direct mail is his bread and butter…he’s overseen the mailing of approximately 1.3 billion pieces of third class mail over the past 20 years…he has been able to market and sell newsletters and books via direct response television (infomercials) and using e-mail and the Internet in huge numbers.
- Brian is a serial direct marketer. His work is his play and he is passionate about making a difference and sharing his knowledge with others.
- “A dollar per thousand marketing deserves $500 per thousand thinking.” – Brian Kurtz
App of the Day
Book of the Day
- Breakthrough Advertising – by Eugene Schwartz
Insight of the Day
- Understanding your customers at the deepest level—what their wants and desires are—is key. Don’t treat every customer the same way. There is no one-size-fits-all.
3 Key Take-aways
- The importance of measuring response—A/B testing for example
- There is no one-size-fits-all
- You’re never to smart or too wise to learn something new. Be always in a state of wanting to continually learn
Read the Transcript
You can download a complete transcript of this entire episode by clicking here.