Anticipate and prepare for future trends ahead of your competition. Gain velocity and agility by executing Daniel Burrus’ specific trend-spotting tactics.
Daniel Burrus is a best-selling author, innovation expert, global futurist and entrepreneur. During his professional career as a Professor of biology and physics, Daniel developed an interest in advancing technologies and driving trends. Over the past 30 years he has been able to accurately predict future technological trends and their direct impact upon business.
Working as a consultant and advisor for Fortune 500 companies, Daniel has provided game-changing strategies and methodologies for his clients—who continue to profit immensely.
- “Keeping up is a fool’s game; seek advantage instead.” – Daniel Burrus
- Our biggest life lessons are learned from our failures. We want to fail fast because failing slow is expensive.
App of the Day
- Your Smart Phone’s Calender App! If you’re not using it efficiently (saving time) start now.
Book of the Day
- Flash Foresight: See the Invisible to Do the Impossible – by Daniel Burrus
Insight of the Day
- Realize you have a unique potential known as your “gift” to the universe. Help others by helping yourself; define the distinction between your talents and your gift.
John’s 3 Key Take-aways
- Deal with the uncertainty of life and make it certain—to the best of your ability.
- Recognize the differences between hard and soft trends. Fail fast and do not compete with others. Problem skipping: think of the exponential growth rather than the incremental growth.
- Remember the problem you have probably isn’t the real problem. Think outside the box.
Read the Transcript
You can download a complete transcript of this entire episode by clicking here.