Jaime Hope Challenges Entrepreneurs To Prioritizing Personal Health – Episode 215
Jaime Hope is a highly-regarded emergency care surgeon, a sought-after professional speaker and an emerging entrepreneur with an expertise in health habits, self-care and empowerment.
In addition, she serves as life coach and consultant to entrepreneurs looking to prioritize personal health in highly stressful careers.
As a gifted, a-type, high energy personality with an enormous skill set, Dr. Hope knows firsthand the price one pays for ignoring the dangers of overload, and much good advice for those ready to make themselves, and their stakeholders, a healthier presence in the work place.
Quote of the Day
- “Self-care is not selfish.” – Jaime Hope
- “You can’t be killing it in your business for so long if you’re killing yourself to do it.” – Jaime Hope
- “The smart entrepreneurs know they are successful because of their commitment to self-care, not in spite of that commitment.” – Jaime Hope
- “Often your best, most inspired and creative ideas come from times when you’re actively engaged in giving yourself a break, during meditation, or exercise, or siesta. You are perhaps least enlightened when you’re overworked.” – Jaime Hope
- To teach highly stressed entrepreneurs the secret to resilience muscles and introduce resilience strategies that readily adapt to the work place often associated with stress.
- Hope is also passionate about health promotion, empowerment and using evidence-based truths about human nature to improve habits and health span for her patients, and her clients.
- Hope Health – Where employee wellness is engaging, well communicated, inexpensive and fun!
- Jaime Hope, MD – Author at FemInEM
Book of the Day
- Strategy and the Fat Smoker: Doing What’s Obvious But Not Easy – by David Maister
- Joe Polish – also at AES Nation
- Verne Harnish – also at AES Nation
- Jason Campbell – also at AES Nation
John’s 3 Key Take-aways
- Don’t wait for the heart attack or stroke before you make your personal health as important as the health of your business.
- “The smart entrepreneurs know they are successful because of their commitment to self-care, not in spite of that commitment.”
- The key to healthy work habits is a willingness to schedule time for yourself (both short and long range) and focus activities directly on self-care.
Podcast: Play in new window
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Read the Transcript
You can download a complete transcript of this entire episode by clicking here.